Install your Solid Wood Worktop
Full instructions on how to install, care and maintain your solid wood worktops are included within the ‘One Box Installation Kit’.
As the performance of your Tuscan Solid Wood worksurface is so closely linked to the quality of the installation; the installation must be conducted in full accordance with the instructions provided.
Caring for a solid wood worktop is easier than you think.
The kitchen is the heart of the home, which is why your kitchen worktops should look their best immediately after being installed and for years to come. Proper installation is absolutely essential to ensure that a solid wood worktop looks and performs exceptionally.
- Upon installation, it should be sealed with liberal coats of oil, after which only a periodic light sanding and re-coating of oil is needed. Simple. The oil feeds the wood, encouraging it to season over time and become even more beautiful as well as help protect the surface against stains and spills. An easy maintenance, hygienic worktop, just what every kitchen needs.
- Solid wood kitchen worktops require only simple maintenance with the application of our recommended oil. This not only maintains the water-resistant, hard-wearing properties of the surface but also enhances the inherent beauty of the natural material through a gradual mellowing.
5 top tips to help you care for your solid wood worktop
- Always use a chopping board for food preparation – cutting directly onto the worksurface should be avoided.
- Hot pans, rough-bottomed objects and wet items should not be placed directly onto the worksurface – always use pan stands or trivets.
- Water spills or other liquids should be mopped up immediately, avoiding liquids standing on the worksurface for any period of time.
- Clean the timber surface with a lightly dampened cloth from a solution of warm water and a drop of washing up liquid.
- Re-oil the worksurface and edges on a regular basis.